CubeCartForums.org for CubeCart third-party documentation, modifications, skins and services

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SWScripts (Sir William)
Rating 4 V
KatGirl
post Mar 17 2007, 07:15 AM
Post #1

CubeCart God
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 6

Catalogue Listing
Store Review Here

Welcome to SWScripts.com Review Board

Please share your experience with us so other members are given an insight into the quality of Products and/or Services by this Premium Contributor. All we ask is that you please adhere to the Review Forum Guidelines, which you can find in the FAQ Table Of Contents.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kinetic
post Mar 19 2007, 12:30 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9

Hmm What can I say that hasnt been said about Sir William and his SW Scripts store? Will is the kind of guy that if you work with him or have him commissioned to do work for you. You thank your lucky stars. I work regularly with Sir William on CubeCart and non CubeCart based projects and I have to say working with him is phenomenol and he has taught me alot I look at cubecart code and see it as SOoooo easy. Of all the people I have worked with coding new features and planning methods and writing mods Sir William is by far the BEST. He is easy to work with and his coding skills and database skills are unsurpassed. Whether it be CubeCart or something else. Bill knows his stuff. He has at times or still is one of the lead developers for CubeCart and has worked closely with Alistair (Brooky) on the current code base and the upcoming long awaited CubeCart 3.1

The must have mods from Sir WIlliam?

Category/Product Sort order
being able to sort your categorys and products from Admin is a must and with this mod so is the front end sort whereby people can sort your products within a category to help them find what they are looking for by proce ascending descending by name ascending descending latest newest by id theres like 8 or 9 options people can choose from to help them sort your produicts whuich is really helpful when you have alot of products within a category.
Almost ALL e-commerce sites have this feature and thanks to Sir William so does CubeCart.

Bulk Import products
If you have ALOT of products and I mean alot and you are dreading entering all their product data by hand then the import product mod is what you need this mod makes it EASy to get your product information into the database. this mod has alot of features and is easy to use as long as you have a csv or xls tab delimited text file of your product data.

Order Export
Export order information all yoru orders? just todays orders? need just thenames and phone numbers? or need all the order information and customer information this mod is the one again Sir William has coded this for ease of use lets face it managing your store shouldnt be a chore it should be a breeze and these 3 mods go a long ways to making life as a CubeCart Store owner a breeze.

Sitemap
This mod will generate a dynamic site map of all your categories and site documents on one nice clean page. You have the option to display the number of products in each category and even hide any zero product quantities. You also have the option to show all products with or without prices (including sale prices). In a word? NICE! cool.gif

Installing any of his mods is usually a very easy job as he gives very clear instructions and comments his code well.
if you havent visited his store yet then what are you waiting for?

Bill you rock will always rock and if I could clone you I would then finally we could take over the world...
10 out of 10 stars plus the 5 they give here plus another 5 for just being the best bud and best collaborator a guy could ask for
so thats 20 stars!!!

Kinetic

--------------------
Why Leash your imagination in the first place?

+Quote Post
MarksCarts
post Mar 20 2007, 04:56 AM
Post #3

Mega Member
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7

Catalogue Listing
Store Review Here

Bill was probably the first top-line CubeCart modder that I met at the .com forum when version three was still a youngling. One of the first CubeCart scripts he produced, the fixCatCount.php utility, is one that I still use today, and his Category Sort Order mod was probably the first CubeCart mod I ever purchased. Keep up the development, Bill smile.gif

--------------------
CC3.0.20 | CC4.4.7 | CC5.1.4 on various servers. Locally: WAMPserver Apache 2.2.11, PHP 5.3.0, MySQL 5.1.36, Windows 7
Visit CC3.biz for third-party products and services, including hundreds of mods for the legacy carts CC3 and CC4, a Helpdesk and a Freebies Vault. Get CubeCart!

CC3.biz mobile:

+Quote Post
Ian.Plumb
post Mar 30 2007, 04:53 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 172

Hi,

I have installed a number of Sir William's scripts into my CubeCart-based (CC) painted miniatures site at http://miniatures.griffingrove.com.au/. I'd like to discuss each one briefly.

Bulk Import Module

The BIM provides a method of loading products into CC from a file. Rather than using CC's one-at-a-time product load you can use the BIM to load hundreds of products at a time.

Key Features:
- Efficiency. The entire process of loading a CSV file of products takes a couple of minutes.
- Configurability. You do not have to populate all columns in a single load. There is not set order for the columns in the CSV file. This allows the user to create their product CSV file in the manner that is most logical to them.
- Self-contained. When you start the BIM it insists that you take a backup and after you've loaded the file you can look through your website, make sure that the products loaded into the right categories -- and if they didn't, restore back to the previous position removing the incorrectly loaded products.

One unexpected bonus is the usefulness of the CSV files. I maintain a master product spreadsheet. Each tab on the spreadsheet represents a different category/sub-category. All the products on that tab belong to that category/sub-category. Each tab contains all of the product fields, but I also include the details of wholesale pricing and other costs on that spreadsheet for each product. The structure the BIM encourages for products is very useful for maintaining other information.

At US$50 this is an expensive mod, being almost the same price as the CubeCart license. However I believe it represents good value for money (as does CubeCart itself). The Bulk Import Module makes sites with large numbers of products both feasible and manageable. In effect it upgrades CubeCart, giving it the capacity to handle the websites of larger or more diverse businesses.

Category/Product Sort

This product lets you sort your categories and products in any order you choose. I use it to ensure that everything is listed alphabetically by default. It also provides the functionality for the customer to sort the products in a category in a variety of ways -- by price, by name, oldest/newest. This mod is very useful. To me a site with hundreds of products is very hard to navigate if everything is in what appears to be a random order. Defaulting to alphabetical is far clearer. Giving the customer the option of sorting the products in various ways makes the site easier for them to use.

Order Export

This mod allows you to export your orders in CSV format and to delete old Pending orders. You can slice and dice your Order data by date or by order status. A very useful tool for reporting purposes.

Site Map

Provides a single page view of your site for your customers, neatly broken down by category, sub-category, and product. Similar to the Category view in the BIM, but more detailed. This is a very useful function for providing an overview of what your site has to offer. Well worth the US$10.

I was able to install all of these mods without a problem over CC 3.0.15. They do not interfere with one another. During this process I had several questions which Sir William answered promptly and clearly. I would not hesitate to recommend his mods.

Regards,

Ian Plumb

+Quote Post
aimKevinwolf2k5
post May 11 2007, 07:02 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Supporter
Member No.: 334

SORT CATEGORY/PRODUCTS MOD

Sir William's definitely one of the best. Intuitive & experienced while being ethical & responsive. Definitely will be my first stop for all my CubeCart & other development needs.

Regards,

Kevin W

--------------------
Kevin W

+Quote Post
timtam
post May 23 2007, 04:15 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 89

Just purchased the sitemap mod. Very easy to install and takes only a minute to do so. Highly recommended mod and one that I would recommend everyone using in their CC store. Great work Sir William. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Euan
post Oct 17 2007, 09:45 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Members +
Member No.: 10

Sir William's Category/Product Sort modification is one of the must buy's for most CubeCart owners. An excellent mod and an excellent member of the CubeCart community.

+Quote Post
Amikka
post Jul 15 2008, 10:31 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 5,254

Excellent mods! and very easy install...thank-you!

+Quote Post
gadgetsgalore
post Dec 30 2008, 03:26 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 772

Purchased 2 mods now from Sir William Import Mod and BPM Both work better than I thought they would. They both save me 1,000 of hours of copy and paste just this weekend I have added 4000+ products to our website http://www.r4us.com/trophies. However its not just about buying a mod sometimes you might just need some support. Send an email and not long after you get a reply. PERFECT. Rest asured you wont got far wrong with Sir William. Cheers Paul

+Quote Post
stuntsteel
post Jan 6 2009, 11:02 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 8,290

the alphabetical category mod worked like a charm. thanks SW!!!!

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
super_dave
post Mar 18 2009, 10:59 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 8,892

I purchased the BMP from Sir William because I needed to import a 1000+ products that go into more than a category and each product has 3+ pictures. The BMP worked like a charm, a must have for anyone doing large imports.

Sir William was very quick to respond to all my initial questions. biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Dave

+Quote Post
Aryantes
post Mar 24 2009, 02:24 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 8,122

I have been using the Bulk Product Import Manager for a few weeks now and it has revamped the entire way that I work with my inventory.

The speed and accessibility of adding/updating/removing product has increased significantly.

Using multiple images and multiple categories is incredibly fast.

Highly recommended mod. Sir William has been very good with communication and support.

+Quote Post
FATALENIGMA
post Mar 24 2009, 08:01 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 9,256

bought the sitemap mod and ran into problems, he worked with via email until the problem was resolved

great customer service after the sale!

I know this will be one of the first, if not the first places I look to when needing another mod

I'm eyeballing the BPM now wink.gif

thank you again Sir William

--------------------
Thrifty Gift Shoppe - Vintage Collectibles & Vintage Advertising

+Quote Post
KD Novelties
post Apr 29 2009, 07:30 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 9,243

I have a custom mod from Sir William. The Mod is OUTSTANDING! Prior to begining the project, Bill took the time to under the scope. Bill kept me informed every step of the way as far as progress.

You can tell he's a straight up honest dedicate person with incredible talent.

Again, the mod is OUTSTANDING! AWESOME.

Thank you Sir William!

Angel

KD Novelties

+Quote Post
sachie
post Jun 2 2009, 09:31 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 233

I had the pleasure to work with Sir William. He was very prompt and put the fixes in place in no time at all. I will be sure to use his services again in the future.

Cheers
Sachie

+Quote Post
Maclady
post Aug 9 2009, 03:16 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 3,451

SW Scripts mods are excellent and his support is even better! Bill is such a kind and very patient man. And helpful - always ready to offer little tips and tricks. And he always responds quickly to questions.

I highly recommend his BPM mod. It will save hours of work - and with it's ability to instantly restore back to the previous state if your import should go wrong - that alone is worth double the price!

Bill really knows his stuff inside out and he gets the job done really fast! I ran into a couple of glitches (because I'm new to this) and he went above and beyond and fixed everything up for me - and took the time to explain a few things to me.

On a scale of 1 to 10, Bill is a definite ELEVEN!

Cheers
Maclady
(aka Nancy Johnson)

--------------------
[font="Verdana"][/font]MACLADY - "I don't do Windows!"
Vancouver, BC

+Quote Post
kweb
post Sep 23 2009, 05:56 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 7,163

I just have to say the sir william is doing an excellent job. The bulk product manager is the most important tool for powerfull cubecart stores. William always helped me out when i got problems.

So this is 5 stars for excellent mod and excellent support!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 05:11 PM
CubeCart Developers Network
Get CubeCart!
© 2007 - 2014  CubeCartForums.org in association with Inspired Solutions. Sponsored by Devellion