CubeCartForums.org for CubeCart third-party documentation, modifications, skins and services

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Existential confirmation
lbk3918
post Aug 27 2010, 03:46 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,276

Suggest it would be a good idea if commercial members have to prove they still exist on a regular (e.g. monthly) basis to keep their catalogue listings on this forum - of course just 1 post in response to any topic in the past month would probably be a proof, if they don't do that then I suggest they need to proactively confirm they're still in business.

Current case in point;

- I have a shop with thousands of products and categories
- When a prospect drills down the category structure and arrives at a list of products, I want them to be able to filter that list of products by a variety of further 'sub-categories' e.g. by Brand, by Price Range, by Size, by colour, or by some other kind of attribute maybe unique to the list of products. Its the kind of thing you see on many big online shops. I guess the key thing is that these 'filter' sub-cats are displayed differently and behave differently from the 'major' categories and sub-cats - the differences aren't huge but they are important, it can't be that hard heck I might even write the code myself!!!

But back in reality......
- after much searching I found the 'ShopBy' mod for CC4 on this site - very exciting, seems to be what I'm looking for
- after much further searching & reading posts, seems like Zeroscripts (the author) hasn't been heard of since May 2010, and the product doesn't work on the latest CC4

So I've wasted a lot of time (I guess 4-5 hours) chasing down a product that unfortunately seems to have gone out of business, yet still features in the catalogue here - that's a bit annoying, but overall I think this forum is great so please take this as a positive suggestion for improving this.

Jean Paul Sartre would definitely vote for this one.

PS I'll be happy to be proved wrong if Zeroscripts is still going and I just somehow didn't see it!

Cheers,

Lol.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robsta
post Aug 30 2010, 09:37 AM
Post #2

Skin Developer
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2

Catalogue Listing
About Us
Store Review Here

The forum in essence is really only an advertisement site, for which the members must renew every year. If their advertising is not lucrative enough, I would not expect them to stick around if they depended on it for a living.

Having said that, if commercial members do become problematic to members without a solution in sight, their status is revoked and skins/mods are removed from this site. This is usually the last resort.

Regarding the member you mentioned, nothing has been reported to me about the member therefore as far as we are concerned there is nothing wrong with the services the member is providing.

--------------------
Integrated HELPDESK and RMA (Returns Management) - Integrated BLOG / NEWS - Better than using Wordpress!
Add a feature rich Blog/News System and Helpdesk/RMA system to your CubeCart v4 store. Contact us for a demo.
Follow us on Facebook! Get CubeCart!

Search Engine Sitemap Feeds - Merchant Center Product Feeds - Customer Follow-up Email Mod - Essential for every store!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 06:38 AM
CubeCart Developers Network
Get CubeCart!
© 2007 - 2013  CubeCartForums.org in association with Inspired Solutions. Sponsored by Devellion