CubeCartForums.org for CubeCart third-party documentation, modifications, skins and services

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Rules and Template
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Google Merchant Center Product Feed for v5
Robsta
post Aug 15 2011, 08:52 PM
Post #1

Skin Developer
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2

Catalogue Listing
About Us
Store Review Here

Google Merchant Center Product Feed for v5

Mod Version: v1.8.0
Mod License: Per Server Installation
Cost: £12.99 GBP (roughly $16.99 USD)

Description:

Submit a live product feed to the Google Merchant Centre (previously GoogleBase) to list your products in the Google Shopping search. This feed is an automated feed.

This feed is ideal for large stores, autogenerating an updated XML file every 24 hours which simply needs download (if necessary) and submitting to the Merchant Center when required. This feed (v4 version) has been tested on stores with over 100,000 products, and an XML export of over 60MB.

From CubeCart v5.2.3, it now includes Google Categories.

Requires PHPs mbstring extension and Ioncube Loaders to be installed. Check with your hosting for compatibility before purchasing.

View Mod Details & Buy

--------------------
Integrated HELPDESK and RMA (Returns Management) - Integrated BLOG / NEWS - Better than using Wordpress!
Add a feature rich Blog/News System and Helpdesk/RMA system to your CubeCart v4 store. Contact us for a demo.
Follow us on Facebook! Get CubeCart!

Search Engine Sitemap Feeds - Merchant Center Product Feeds - Customer Follow-up Email Mod - Essential for every store!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tim@hthughes.com
post Sep 15 2011, 07:46 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,042

I 've got a question regarding GMC feed.

We are a clothing company, using CC. Having trouble with our GMC feed because of the latest requirement to show a separate feed line for every product variant. Becuase we sell everything by style/colour/size we have dozens of variatntss per product. Does your mod accomodate this new requirement?

Thanks
Tim
+44 161 480 2545

+Quote Post
Robsta
post Sep 15 2011, 03:38 PM
Post #3

Skin Developer
Group Icon

Catalogue Listing
About Us
Store Review Here

That's a difficult feature to add, and it only applies to clothes in the US I believe. At the moment the mod does not support this, I'm not sure it will in the future due to the complexity... it depends on demand. The alternative is custom development.

--------------------
Integrated HELPDESK and RMA (Returns Management) - Integrated BLOG / NEWS - Better than using Wordpress!
Add a feature rich Blog/News System and Helpdesk/RMA system to your CubeCart v4 store. Contact us for a demo.

Search Engine Sitemap Feeds - Merchant Center Product Feeds - Customer Follow-up Email Mod - Essential for every store!

+Quote Post
uktradehouse
post Oct 12 2011, 10:38 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 7,123

Is this mod like the one already default in CCV5 or does it offer more options and also help with the Missing required attribute: availability problem in the current system

Thanks

+Quote Post
Robsta
post Oct 12 2011, 10:42 AM
Post #5

Skin Developer
Group Icon

Catalogue Listing
About Us
Store Review Here

It's not the same as the one built in, this one is better and yes it does include an 'availability' field.

--------------------

+Quote Post
uktradehouse
post Oct 12 2011, 10:56 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 7,123

QUOTE (Robsta @ Oct 12 2011, 11:42 AM) *
It's not the same as the one built in, this one is better and yes it does include an 'availability' field.

That's great!

Thanks

+Quote Post
styner
post Oct 21 2011, 12:43 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 25,109

So this is for version 5 Correct? And is using Google Merchant Center a good idea for a stained glass art store with names of products that are not exact terms that someone would search? I have to really depend on the category names for this client as far as SEO etc. is concerned.

+Quote Post
uktrader
post Apr 1 2012, 11:51 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 12,147

This module seems to have stopped working for us with all products being refused due to Items may soon fail to process due to missing Tax and Shipping or invalid Google Product Category values. View warnings under 'x of x items inserted

The problem seems to be if you don't charge for shipping on your cart and you set a Method in Google to Free Shipping (we did one for Free Shipping In The Uk) Google Still disallow the feed.

Anyone else had this problem and know of a fix?

Regards

+Quote Post
Robsta
post Apr 2 2012, 06:52 PM
Post #9

Skin Developer
Group Icon

Catalogue Listing
About Us
Store Review Here

The product feed works fine, there are no issues with it. You need to enter your tax and shipping information via your Google account, the feed does not include it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robsta
post Jun 20 2012, 08:43 AM
Post #10

Skin Developer
Group Icon

Catalogue Listing
About Us
Store Review Here

*** Now Updated to v1.4 ***

Details can be found in our blog.

--------------------

+Quote Post
d4nger mouse
post Jul 17 2012, 09:02 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 2,898

Hi There,

Does this work for UK shops? I believe I have to select the country when I create a feed in google shopping.

Cheers

+Quote Post
Robsta
post Jul 17 2012, 09:04 AM
Post #12

Skin Developer
Group Icon

Catalogue Listing
About Us
Store Review Here

Yes it does.

--------------------

+Quote Post
d4nger mouse
post Jul 17 2012, 09:14 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 2,898

QUOTE (Robsta @ Jul 17 2012, 10:04 AM) *
Yes it does.

Great. Cheers

+Quote Post
Paul @ Westhouse...
post Feb 12 2013, 11:28 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 30,738

Hi Rob

I've sent emails requesting an updated version of the Product Feed addon but no one has replied. Can you please look into this.

Thanks,
Paul

+Quote Post
Robsta
post Feb 12 2013, 11:33 AM
Post #15

Skin Developer
Group Icon

Catalogue Listing
About Us
Store Review Here

QUOTE (Paul @ Westhouse IT @ Feb 12 2013, 11:28 AM) *
Hi Rob

I've sent emails requesting an updated version of the Product Feed addon but no one has replied. Can you please look into this.

Thanks,
Paul
I've not received any emails. Have you submitted a ticket to our helpdesk? This is requested in all documentation, store generated emails and the site.

Thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
Paul @ Westhouse...
post Feb 12 2013, 11:44 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (Robsta @ Feb 12 2013, 11:33 AM) *
I've not received any emails. Have you submitted a ticket to our helpdesk? This is requested in all documentation, store generated emails and the site.

Thanks

Dang, looks like working late nights is getting to me, I completely missed that. I'll submit a ticket now.

Thanks,
Paul

+Quote Post
Paul @ Westhouse...
post Feb 12 2013, 06:42 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Okay, just a note for everyone so you don't fall prey to Rob's tactics:

You can only get updates if requested within the first year. If an update is released a month before your 12-month period ends and you don't notice then he will refuse to send it to you. This includes fixes for any bugs in the mod.

+Quote Post
Robsta
post Feb 12 2013, 07:10 PM
Post #18

Skin Developer
Group Icon

Catalogue Listing
About Us
Store Review Here

No tactics, this is company policy and is declared on the site's terms and conditions page for the last 7 years, as well as on the pages of the larger mods. Every mod and skin we supply comes with an updates period. This covers support and the mod updates themselves.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dsc
post Oct 6 2013, 01:29 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 19,455

QUOTE (Robsta @ Feb 12 2013, 08:10 PM) *
No tactics, this is company policy and is declared on the site's terms and conditions page for the last 7 years, as well as on the pages of the larger mods. Every mod and skin we supply comes with an updates period. This covers support and the mod updates themselves.

You get what you pay for- and he has to make a living.
I have fallen fowl to this but equally Rob does a good job and his stuff works, so if you don't want upgrades don't buy it. If you want the fixes - pay for it

QUOTE (dsc @ Oct 6 2013, 02:28 PM) *
You get what you pay for- and he has to make a living.
I have fallen fowl to this but equally Rob does a good job and his stuff works, so if you don't want upgrades don't buy it. If you want the fixes - pay for it

Hi Rob, can you advise when the mod for googel will incorporate the new google cats added to cubecart 5.2.3
thanks
dave

+Quote Post
Robsta
post Oct 7 2013, 11:53 AM
Post #20

Skin Developer
Group Icon

Catalogue Listing
About Us
Store Review Here

I've not had chance to look at v5.2.3 yet, but I will as soon as I am able.

Rob

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 04:28 PM
CubeCart Developers Network
Get CubeCart!
© 2007 - 2014  CubeCartForums.org in association with Inspired Solutions. Sponsored by Devellion