CubeCartForums.org for CubeCart third-party documentation, modifications, skins and services

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [Resolved] Problem re-installing Estelles Category Description Mod, Switching skins please help
wonderwhy
post Apr 23 2012, 02:45 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,816

I am switching skins from Killer to a "pinkchocbox" skin. I have limited html knowledge. Estelles Category Description mod is still uploaded on my site from the Killer skin. I only modified this one file: cart/skins/pinkchocbox/styleTemplates/content/viewCat.tpl file following instructions.

<!-- BEGIN: view_cat -->
<div class="boxContent">
<span class="txtContentTitle">{TXT_CAT_TITLE}</span>
<!-- start mod Category Descriptions, by Estelle-->
<div> (TXT_CAT_ DESC) </div>
<!-- end mod - Category Descriptions, by Estelle -->
<br clear="all" />
<!-- BEGIN: sub_cats -->
<div id="subCats">

It looks exactly right to me, but my pages incorrectly display so something is wrong. I do not want to completely re-install, it took me many days and much heartache to get the mod going the first time around!!

My category pages exactly as before when I pull them up, exactly as before but with the (TXT_CAT_ DESC) text which should not be there.

Bath & Beauty
(TXT_CAT_ DESC)

When I go to edit my categories in admin, they have the new area for text and picture areas, and it didn't before, so that looks updated. When I did edit the category pages, several said they updated, one failed, but all I get when I pull up the categories is that text on the page, no pics or other updates.

Maybe someone can help me. How do I fix this?? Is there another file I have to modify?? Please help. Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
oneoftheones
post Apr 23 2012, 03:01 PM
Post #2

Mega Member
Group Icon

Group: Members +
Member No.: 6,542

Did you add the Modifications that were added to the killer skin to the New skin?

+Quote Post
wonderwhy
post Apr 23 2012, 03:15 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (oneoftheones @ Apr 23 2012, 10:01 AM) *
Did you add the Modifications that were added to the killer skin to the New skin?

No, this is the only update I made. I only had the category descriptions mod running on the Killer skin, and I only updated these 3 lines in the new skin's viewcat.tpl page. Shouldn't Estelles mod run on this skin also since it is still installed in all the other places on my website??

+Quote Post
Brian Smither
post Apr 24 2012, 12:34 AM
Post #4

CubeCart Jedi Knight
Group Icon

Group: Supporter
Member No.: 568

Welcome wonderwhy! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Yes, Estelle's mods will work with any skin.

A common mistake is that braces {} are needed to surround {PLACEHOLDERS}, but commonly parenthesis () are mistakenly used instead. Text editors with a poor choice of font to view code will make {} and () look way too much alike.

Be sure this (TXT_CAT_ DESC) gets changed to this {TXT_CAT_ DESC}

+Quote Post
wonderwhy
post Apr 24 2012, 06:39 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Thank you so much Brian!! That was exactly the problem. It worked YEA!! It is beautiful, works like a charm, I love it!! You are a lifesaver. I really appreciate your advice, I could not figure it out myself!! Have a great day!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 09:50 PM
CubeCart Developers Network
Get CubeCart!
© 2007 - 2014  CubeCartForums.org in association with Inspired Solutions. Sponsored by Devellion