CubeCartForums.org for CubeCart third-party documentation, modifications, skins and services

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Search criteria, 4 letters or more required
SteveR
post Sep 18 2008, 08:57 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,847

I want to search for strands on "VAT" and "tax". Unfortunately the site gives me an error

One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.

I realise there is a reason buit is there an exemption table you could use so I can actually search on 3 letter words that would help andwer my questiosn please?

Ta

Steve

--------------------
Thanks

Steve
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robsta
post Sep 18 2008, 10:34 AM
Post #2

Skin Developer
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2

Catalogue Listing
About Us
Store Review Here

Hi, unfortunately it's a general limitation, I don't think there is anything we can do about it. There is a setting in IPB to reduce the number of characters in a word that can be searched, but mySQL overrides this.

--------------------
Integrated HELPDESK and RMA (Returns Management) - Integrated BLOG / NEWS - Better than using Wordpress!
Add a feature rich Blog/News System and Helpdesk/RMA system to your CubeCart v4 store. Contact us for a demo.
Follow us on Facebook! Get CubeCart!

Search Engine Sitemap Feeds - Merchant Center Product Feeds - Customer Follow-up Email Mod - Essential for every store!

+Quote Post
teakey
post Jan 8 2009, 10:53 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,314

on another forum I use they had the same problem but they found a way of adding a list of 3 letter keywords that were often searched for (using a poll) I thought 3 letter words were not included because it bit a huge strain on the servers?

+Quote Post
Robsta
post Jan 8 2009, 09:48 PM
Post #4

Skin Developer
Group Icon

Catalogue Listing
About Us
Store Review Here

QUOTE (teakey @ Jan 8 2009, 10:53 AM) *
... I thought 3 letter words were not included because it bit a huge strain on the servers?
Yes there is that as well.

--------------------
Integrated HELPDESK and RMA (Returns Management) - Integrated BLOG / NEWS - Better than using Wordpress!
Add a feature rich Blog/News System and Helpdesk/RMA system to your CubeCart v4 store. Contact us for a demo.

Search Engine Sitemap Feeds - Merchant Center Product Feeds - Customer Follow-up Email Mod - Essential for every store!

+Quote Post
Robsta
post Jan 30 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #5

Skin Developer
Group Icon

Catalogue Listing
About Us
Store Review Here

This search issue should now be resolved with the addition of the Google search option, it searches the entire site smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
estabahn
post Feb 8 2009, 03:42 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 4,570

I agree that this 3 character limitation is rather a pain. I'm trying to search for SEO mods but that's not really possible. The alternative I suppose, is to use google to search the site.

+Quote Post
Robsta
post Feb 8 2009, 05:41 PM
Post #7

Skin Developer
Group Icon

Catalogue Listing
About Us
Store Review Here

QUOTE (estabahn @ Feb 8 2009, 03:42 PM) *
I agree that this 3 character limitation is rather a pain. I'm trying to search for SEO mods but that's not really possible. The alternative I suppose, is to use google to search the site.
Google search of this site is already implimented, click on the search menu wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
swarmer
post Feb 15 2009, 10:39 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,177

still giving the error message if searching for 3 chars or less...... I'm also trying to search on seo matters...... (have the mod installed just not sure I'm making the best of it as my google results are currently pretty poor)

+Quote Post
Robsta
post Feb 15 2009, 10:43 PM
Post #9

Skin Developer
Group Icon

Catalogue Listing
About Us
Store Review Here

QUOTE (swarmer @ Feb 15 2009, 10:39 PM) *
still giving the error message if searching for 3 chars or less...... I'm also trying to search on seo matters...... (have the mod installed just not sure I'm making the best of it as my google results are currently pretty poor)
Use the Google white text entry box at the bottom of the menu.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 11:38 PM
CubeCart Developers Network
Get CubeCart!
© 2007 - 2014  CubeCartForums.org in association with Inspired Solutions. Sponsored by Devellion